News & Announcements

TOPIC: Why Siargao? Life is not Perfect here

Why Siargao? Life is not Perfect here 1 week 5 days ago #1330

• phlyn
  • Premium Member
  • Ph
  • Thank you received: 1
Posted this on my work page, words by me

I could write so much more about these "moments" we keep having on the island.

Life is not perfect here.

Damp clothes, funky smells, bites, cuts, bruises, power cuts, slow internet, low water pressure, no sofa, no oven, no washing machine, current shortage of avocados, expensive *real* cheese, sometimes rainy and "cold" motorbike rides, no pharmacy, no X-ray machine, no ATM.

But you know what? It is all WORTH it.

Life flows with nature here as it should be. I am in tune with the tide, the wind, the wave swell, the weather, first light and moon cycles. Even the full moon is marked with a party. I can surf before work or in my break or after my shift; more or less choosing my shifts according to the surf. I am greeted by the ocean daily and I receive its tight energetic hug in the form of a wipe out (also pretty much daily). The most vivid hues of blues and greens found in the sky, landscape and water are a norm. Fiery sunrises and sunsets are common but never taken for granted. I can go about my day (and even night) barefoot in a bikini often saltwater drying on my skin and hair. I have friends from different corners of the world here. I get to practice my Spanish, Siargaonon, Tagalog and kind of Catalan. Everywhere I go there is an enthusiastic psssst, a strong high five and a smiling face. We have meals together making do with what we have on the island and it always turns out to be a hype. It could be a P40 meal after surf at a local karenderya or a treat-yo-self resort dinner and dranks or an international potluck. Spontaneity is always. I will suddenly get a message saying we are taking a boat to the next island in my work midday break because the surf is working over there. Or because it is someone's birthday and the sun has decided to shine. Or I will be on my way home and my friends just happen to drive past resembling a bike gang, pull over and I hop on. We head to a secret spot with cold San Miguels where the open sea meets a mangrove forest, witness the sunset, full moon rise and fluorescent plankton. Or I just go to pick up my jacket from having left it at Rum Bar the other night swearing I won't go out but I end up dancing on tables.

And you know what else? That's not even all of it.

P.S. Family and friends, I'm more than ok. I just don't have much time for my phone.

Maddie Fyv
web.facebook.com/maddie.five
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by phlyn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

BUY & SELL

SURIGAO AQUABLUE WATER REFILLING STATION
( / SERVICES)

SURIGAO AQUABLUE WATER REFILLING STATION

House For Sale or Rent to Own Surigao
( / REAL ESTATE)

House For Sale or Rent to Own Surigao

Condo Unit For Sale in New Manila Quezon City
(REAL ESTATE / Apartment and Condominium)

Condo Unit For Sale in New Manila Quezon City

Surigao Boodle Feast
( / FOOD AND BEVERAGES)

Surigao Boodle Feast

For Sale Condo Unit in Ortigas Mandaluyong City
(REAL ESTATE / Apartment and Condominium)

For Sale Condo Unit in Ortigas Mandaluyong City

4 Bedroom House & Lot in Surigao City For Sale
(REAL ESTATE / Real Estate For Sale)

4 Bedroom House & Lot in Surigao City For Sale

HOT TOURS

OUR CULTURE

• VTEM skitter

Mabuyok Festival

VTEM skitter

Bonok-Bonok Festival

VTEM skitter

Lubi Lubi Festival