Special Polvoron Recipe
Measuring cups and spoons
Japanese paper or cellophane
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups powdered milk
1 1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups sugar
Procedure on how to make Polvoron:
1. On a pan, toast flour in moderate heat for about 15 minutes, or until light brown, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
2. Remove the pan and transfer the mixture into a big bowl.
3. Add the powdered milk, and toss for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Add sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
5. Fill the polvoronmould with the mixture, press it hard by using a spoon, then release it. If it is still too loose, add more butter or olive oil. Make sure that you could pick up the polvoronwithout it crumbling straight away.
6. Place the polvoronin an airtight container, then chill in the fridge until firm.
7. Carefully wrap the polvoronindividually in japanese paper or cellophane.
8. Keep the polvoronrefrigerated until you want to eat them. You can store them on the fridge for about a week, or you can freeze them.
Polvoron Recipe 2
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 cup full cream powder milk
1/2 cup sugar ( preferable very fine sugar)
1 cup melted butter or half margarine half butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup roasted pinipig
Step 1. Roast the flour in a wok (slow heat to avoid burning)
Step 2. Roast flour until it is slightly brown
Step 3. Take it off the heat
Step 4. Mix milk, sugar, pinipig, salt and melted butter with the flour
Step 5. Blend them together
Step 6. Try your molder. Mold one and if it is still too loose, add more butter to it. make sure that you could pick up the polvoron without it crumbling straight away
Step 7. Wrap them with papel de hapon.
Try this simple polvoron recipe and sell it to your friends, stores and even to pasalubong shops to make an additional income into your pocket. This can be a great business idea after all.
- Rate this item
- Published in BAKING
- Read 11354 times