Crispy Parmesan Baked Chicken Strips Recipe
- 10 boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Franks Hot sauce
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1¼ cups panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1¼ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- In a small zip-lock bag, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- In a large zip-lock bag mix together buttermilk, Franks Hot sauce, and 1 Tablespoon of spices from the small zip-lock bag. Add chicken tenders to the bag and zip tight. Make sure the chicken is well coated. (I then put this bag in a second zip-lock bag to make sure there is no leakage in my refrigerator.) Refrigerate for three to four hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place butter on it. Put it in the oven until the butter is melted.
- In a new large zip-lock bag mix together flour, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, Parmesan cheese and remaining spices. Pour half the mixture into a separate large zip-lock bag. Remove chicken tenders one at a time adding six chicken tenders to the first bag and six chicken tender to the second bag. Seal up bags tightly and Shake the bags until the chicken is evenly coated. (you can also use a giant dish or a pan and coat that way. I just like less dishes)
- Place chicken on top of the melted butter in the cookie sheet.
- Bake for at 400 degrees F for 13 minutes and carefully flip and bake another 5 to 8 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil until chicken becomes the crispness you like.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
source: panlasang pinoy
- Rate this item
- Published in CHICKEN
- Read 471 times