Adobong Manok Sa Gata Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup julienned ginger
- ½ cup minced onions
- 1 cup coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 4 pieces bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 4 finger chillies (you can also use birds eye chillies if you want it more spicy)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a deep skillet, sauté the ginger in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove half of it from the pot and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onion and chicken. Fry until browning occurs.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, peppercorn and bay leaves. Pour the mixture into the chicken. Cover and continue simmering. (Don’t disturb for a minute to prevent vinegary taste.)
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Let it simmer till sauce is thickened.
- Add chillies then simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving dish. Top with the remaining ginger. Serve hot!
source: panlasang pinoy
- Rate this item
- Published in CHICKEN
- Read 1287 times
Latest from SurigaoIslands
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$numOfComments in /home/surigaoislands2/public_html/templates/vt_journey/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 1431